RHLTC Rules and Regulations
- Member Identification - Effective for the 2012 tennis season, the Club will be enforcing its shoe tag policy. All paid up members will receive a shoe tag that must be worn on your tennis shoe for easy identification. In the event you or anyone in your party are playing on the courts without a valid shoe tag, you forgo you membership privileges and must vacate the courts when asked to do so by the monitor or a member/s with valid shoe tag/s. Shoe tags must be worn at all times. The public are entitled to use the courts during public hours and member hours if the courts are not being used. All paid up members of the club are able to ask any non member to vacate the courts during member hours. See court schedule posted in the notice board at the clubhouse.
- Dress Code Proper non-marking court shoes with shoe tag and approved tennis clothing must be worn. Shirts must be worn at all times.
- Etiquette - Please wait until play is finished before walking across a court to get to your court. Use maximum 3 balls for play unless in a lesson. Be prompt in sending back any stray tennis balls from adjacent courts. Do not leave empty tins, tin tops, plastic waste or other refuse on the courts. Finish on time and please close the gate when entering and leaving.
Code of Conduct
- Swearing on the courts is not acceptable.
- Throwing rackets is not acceptable.
- Loud outbursts demeaning individuals is not acceptable.
- Loud arguing about points of the game is not acceptable.
The penalties for infractions: 1) a warning, 2) removal from the court and 3) suspension of membership.
Line Calls - When in doubt, don't call it out, give your opponent the benefit of "your" doubt.
Scores - If you find yourselves unsure of the score, go back to the last score you can agree on and play from that score onward.
Tennis Canada Rules of the Court (2009) Click Here